So the time has finally come to cut me open and sew me up. I'm actually kinda excited, not many people can say that they got surgery in another country haha. Today I have to go in and get some blood tests or something. I will talk to President Flores today to see if I can call after my operation. If not Elder Ray should do. I am kinda sad to leave my area. I have been there for 5 months. I am going to be working in the office for at least 6 weeks during my recuperation. I think I actually might be the general secretary, but I sure hope not. I hate paper work....
So we had an amazing turn out Sunday, we had 12 investigators in sacrament meeting, two of which were families. One was the Ferrera Family!!! I think that they really enjoyed it, and realized what they had been missing out on. I'm thinking that they could possibly get baptized in April. Also the wife and younger daughter of the H family came. I am almost sure that they will get married this month. I'm kinda bummed that I wont be there for it haha.
So I'm sending some photos, the family is the H family, Govany the dad, Ada the mom, Cecila 20, and Gabriela 12. The other photo is of a guy don't worry haha. He is a little emo, but is way cool. I think he will be getting baptized soon, that is after he cuts his hair.
I had an interesting experience Tuesday night. We talked to a less active mom, well inactive, she hasn't attended church in like 15 years. Her two kids have been coming to church without her, and we had no idea why. Finally Tuesday she told us what was up. Her and her husband have been separated for like 3 years, and her kids don't know it. She caught him with another in bed and since then they have been living a lie. She told her kids that their dad has to work the whole week and only comes home Friday night and leaves Sunday morning. During this time she leaves to visit her mom or sister. We are going to try to get the family back together. If we cant.... well they would have to get divorced. The situation is complicated but its nothing that the gospel cant fix.
Well I love you so much, please no worries, I will be fine. I'm super excited for conference, and Mother's day is coming up..... my life is good, REAL good!!!
Love,
Elder Ahlborn
No comments:
Post a Comment