Honduras

Honduras

Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm still Alive!!!

I am doing very very well, better than I thought. Thursday I went in for surgery, the doctor was running like two hours late, so I had to wait by myself in the recovery room until he came. I think the operation itself was really quick, like an hour or less. I'm not sure what type of material he put in me but I know that my surgery was laproscopic. I just have three little holes below my belly button. I'm still kinda sore, I feel like someone punched me in the stomach last week haha, but I feel really good today. I still can't go out and work with the missionaries, so I will be with the Rays at night. Today we are all pretty excited, we are going to have family home evening with a family from their apartment complex. I think that they have been dying to share the Gospel with their neighbors, they just haven't been able to speak Spanish with them. I'm here for at least 3 or 4 more days so at night we will be trying to invite people over for dinner and family home evenings. I am actually really excited, The Rays are more excited haha. I am hoping that they get the chance to baptize someone here!

The Rays have just been the best. I have decided to adopt them as my third set of grandparents. Sister Ray has been cooking good ol American food these last few days. I almost cried this morning when we had bacon, hash browns and eggs with orange juice. They have made me feel right at home. They really do do alot for our mission and the Tegucigalpa misson. I will ever be indebted to the Rays.

President Flores came by to visit me Thursday night. He told me that I would be the general secretary in the office for a while, at least until the new president comes. He also told me that I would be the district leader, and even though we only work three hours at night, he still expects us to baptize as much if not more than other missionaries. I am excited to take on another challenge in the mission.

So I left Bulevar after five months. I think my companion Elder Banegas and his new companion Elder Jones are going to baptize two families this month. I'm kinda bummed that I wont be there to see it. O well I feel like I did my best in that area.I started teaching, someone else gets to baptize haha.

I am very grateful for the prayers from you and the family. I know that you all love me very much and I can feel your support everyday out here. I very much enjoyed conference and I hope you did too. Please don't worry about me too much, I should be back to working soon enough. I love you all so very much!!!!! Happy Easter!!

Con todo mi amor,

Elder Ahlborn

No comments:

Post a Comment