Honduras

Honduras

Monday, March 12, 2012

All is Well!!

So Thursday night I had an appointment with the Surgeon. He is qualified, and he is very smart. He speaks English which says alot about him haha. He told me that it was a really simple surgery and that there are not many complications. I'm not worried. The hospital is super nice, it really is one of the best in Honduras. Even the elevator was nice haha. I will be having my surgery March 29th at 1 30 in the afternoon. I have to stay over night, so I am sure that I will be able to call you from the hospital. O the name of my doctor is Roberto Esquivel if you want you can look him up on facebook, he is a good guy. An LDS doctor gave us the reference so I trust him, and you should too, so stop worrying =)

I thought I told you that President Flores changed the rules of emailing, we can only write our family, bishops ( tell Bishop Judd to email me) and stake presidents. Thanks for sending me the package, and putting my name in the temple, it means a lot =)



So I these last two weeks I have met some interesting people in my area. The first is named Hazam Khury Alyateem, He was born in Bethlehem and at age 5 moved to Detroit where he lived and worked. He was the owner of 3 liquor stores until he decided to stop drinking and got a job with the Government working as a translator. After he started working for Immigracion haha. His mother is from Honduras so he family and friends here, and his first wife is from here too. She and the daughter joined the Church in Detroit after Hazam and her got divorced, so he knows alot about the church. He got remarried in Israel and has a wife and baby boy there. He can speak four languages, English, Spanish, Hebrew and Arabic. He showed me how to write ELDER in Hebrew and Arabic haha. We have a lesson planned with him today. He will be leaving for the Israel in a week. Crazy right, I met a Jew speaking Spanish in Honduras.

The other guy is named Lucky. He is from some little town here in Honduras that nobody knows and he is like 55 years old. He studied at the University of Utah and has a masters degree in Forestry and National Resources from there. He works for the government here in Honduras. He knows salt lake, the temple, the lights, the Cristus, and pretty much everything about the church because he lived in Utah for like 5 or 6 years. o ya he can speak English too obviously. We have a lesson planned with him tomorrow, I'm pretty sure all the sisters at temple square probably already bombarded him with the lessons but we are going to see if it is his time.



I wanted to tell you that I bought a pair of like dress shoes that have a boot tread so no worries there, Also two more pairs of pants because my others are all dying haha. Can you call Mr. Mac to see if we still have money on credit there, I really think we do. Maybe you could send some shirts in a few months.



I know that April will be hard, but I am not worried. The Lord wants me to learn something from this. I know that this is the True church of God, restored by Joesph Smith. I can honestly say these things for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment