I am doing much better, Tuesday the Doctor took my bandages off, and after I got to watch the dvd of my operation. It was pretty cool, I got to see my vasdefrens and a bunch of other cool looking stuff. I got to see how well he put that mess in too, he did a pretty good job, in 45 minutes haha. It made me want to be a doctor. I still have stitches in me, they are the dis solvable ones. I think they will be gone soon, but I'm not sure. I'm just glad that they don't bother me. He also told me that I had to wait two more weeks before working. That was one week ago, so I should be able to start working with my true companion and not with the assistants. Did I tell you that I was working with the assistants? I don't think so, I am with them because they are the only missionaries in the mission that have a car, the Hilux. because I cant walk very much I have to be with them for a bit I will send you all some pics of the truck next week.
With the assistants, I have been working in the area that has the temple, Roble oeste or in English oak west. Its a super rich residential, every there is richer than us. We teach just professional people like doctors and lawyers. Its like teaching in the states i think, I wouldn't actually know. Its funny because they all live in residential areas with guards. We cant knock on doors because we will get kicked out. We can only enter if we are invited. That's kinda hard but its better that way. I have learned alot about how a good missionary should work with the members.
Can you tell everyone that I cant email anyone but my family, its a rule.
I am mostly just working with renewing peoples passports with means I spend a ton of time in the immigration and foreigner center. Its like a DMV from hell. Here its the law that kids, seniors and pregnant ladies get to go first. I have to go in with a bunch of single 20 year olds, so sometimes we have to wait hours after all of the nuns, kids and old American people go. The good part about the office is that I can shop and go freely between the two missions in the city. I have quite a few responsibilities and am expected to work and baptize as much as any other missionary. No pressure right.
Things are good, it has been kinda hard not being able to walk much, exercise, work with and area and a companion of my own. I just feel like the third wheel of the office haha. I feel much better, and I only have to do this for one more week. Its better to wait a week than to have to get surgery again, or go home.
Don't worry about me, if I have learned anything from my mission it's that the Lord loves me and is taking care of me.
Elder Ahlborn
No comments:
Post a Comment