Hey everyone so this week I have quite a bit to tell you all.
First things first. I ate some crazy stuff. On Tuesday I tried something called "buffot" Which is cow lung. Ya that's right, cow lung. Its like eating an old sponge soaked in meat flavor. I managed to eat it all after dousing it in lime juice. Its not something that I want to eat again, but I have a feeling that I might have to haha. I also had got to eat cow tail and cow stomach. Every part of the cow is eating, but my question is where are the steaks, because I haven't seen one in my five months here hahaha.
One night when getting back from working, on our porch was the biggest dang spider I have ever seen. It was a tarantula native here in Honduras. My companion told me that we had to kill it because they have enough venom to kill a horse. So I took some pictures, then killed it with one of my chacos, good ol chacos haha.
so 2 of our baptism dates fell. Maria and her niece Isis were supposed to be baptized this Saturday, but Elder Muñoz and I didn't feel like she was prepared, we talked to her this week and it turns out that she feels the same too. She wants to be baptized some time in October. I'm hoping conference will really help her testimony.
We are going to marry the "player" of la Villeda Morales this Friday. He is the mayor of the town, he owns two buses and a billiards club. His wife and son want to get baptized, he doesn't, but he understands that he has to marry his wife for her to be baptized. Hopefully all the papers go through. If everything goes right we should baptize his wife and son this Saturday.
Yesterday Elder Muñoz and I taught sundayschool. I was impressed with myself haha. I think people understood me. I really think that it might be possible that my Spanish is getting better.
I love you all, write me!!!
Elder Ahlborn
No comments:
Post a Comment