Hey everyone, this week was crazy but full of blessings and success. We were able to get all the papers neccessary to marry our family. This was a milestone in the history of our little town. The father Oscar Valles is know as the Zorro(fox or playa) of the Villeda, but we finally tied him down. I am a bit worried about his faithfullness. His wife, Consuelo and his son Bryan were baptized Saturday and confirmed Sunday making my first baptisms in my second area!!
The wedding was good, it was just by law, which means that the couple with two witnesses sign a bunch of papers in front of an abogada or a guy that verifies everything, it takes about 15 minutes. It was short but good. I have a ton of photos of the signing, and a ton of photos from the town that it took place.
This week me and Elder Muñoz were running around the city almost everyday. My companion is district leader so he has to interview people for baptism. Wedndsday we drove for like 2 hours on a bus to an area in our district to find that the guy being interviewed didn't show up, frustrating right. Also Elder Muñoz had a meeting with all the leaders in the mission Thursday. I got to be senior companion for a day in my area with a greenie gringo, Elder Snow, who has 3 weeks in the mission. I feel pretty confident in my abilities as a missionary, or at least much more than I did 3 months ago. I am still learing a ton everyday.
Last Monday me and my comp visted the dam 10 minutes above our area. The member we went with had to bribe, or at least I think it was a bribe, to let our car pass. People can walk up to the dam but the government doesn't like a ton of cars up there. This area is super pretty, pure green everywhere. Below the dam is a river that looks a ton like the Middle fork, it killed me a bit inside haha. I have some sweet pics that I'll send soon.
Last thing, like I mentioned above, I was senior comp for a day, which meant that I had to teach pretty much by myself. I taught a 50 minute lesson of repentance to one of our baptisimal dates. I felt the spirit guide my words, I taught with clarity, and I think that Maria, our investigator, feels better about her past. She has a date for the 29th of october but I think we are going to be able to move it up to a sooner date.
I'm excited for conference this week, I'll tell you how it turned out. I think I'm going to try to make waffles like the tradition of Aunt Peggy haha. I'll tell you how it was next week!!!
Love you all so much!! thanks for the support!!
Love Elder Ahlborn
No comments:
Post a Comment