Honduras

Honduras

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I got the Package!!!Thanks I love you

So the first three days of the week, my companion Elder Espinoza was sick. I read so much. I read in Jesus the Christ, The Book of Mormon, Preach my Gospel, literally everything that I could possible read. I learned a ton of patience haha. My companion is better now ....
So all of the sudden this morning while writing, President Flores called our zone leaders and wanted to talk to my companion. He is being transferred to another part of Honduras, a part that is like 4 hours away. Once again I'm going to have another emergency Transfer. I'll tell you who my new companion is next week haha.
We are still working with the Familia f. Last week their 16 year old neighbor showed them an anti-Mormon website. I was really worried, I prayed and studied a ton to help this family. With a lot of faith, we answered there questions and I think all is well right now. They also stopped drinking coffee, we just have to get them going to church.
We are going to baptism Sister G and Jefferson her son the 4th of February. She is a divorced mother with two kids, she has another girl, Grecia. She has a ton of faith, and she has been coming to church for the last month. She has had some doubts about the work for the dead, but we have been teaching her and is starting to understand the importance of it. She is super smart too, right now she is on vacation, but normally she is working, studying at the University of Honduras and caring for her two kids. We were really lucky to find her while she was on vacation. She is truly a chosen daughter of God.
So something cool I found out this week is that here in Honduras, they have a Boy Scout program. It's pretty similar to our program in the States, except I don't think they have Merit Badges, and they don't have the resources to do a lot of the things that we do. To me, the only big difference is that their uniforms are forest green haha.
I am doing well, I think I will be in Centro America Oeste for a while with this new transfer, but I don't really mind, I need to baptize a few more people before I can leave.
I love you all, I know that you are praying for me, I know that our family here on the earth and on the other side of the veil are praying for my success as well. Elder Nathan Ahlborn

No comments:

Post a Comment