Honduras

Honduras

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baptisms!!

Hey mom!! things are great here. I'm still waiting for the package, but no worries I should get it soon. Thanks for Austins testimony, I loved it.

So my companion is still sick, today he has an ear infection. We are going to the office today to talk to the Doctor. I hope he gets better soon. I just want to work and work, and I know he does too, but its hard when you're sick.

So we baptized two people this last Saturday and Sunday. The first was Katherine, from the F. family that I baptized in December. She quit smoking and decided that she was ready. I'm a bit worried for the whole family. They all came to church yesterday which my day.

The other baptism was of a 10 year old girl that didn't have the chance to get baptized at eight. She was born in the church to parents that were sealed in the temple. Her parents got divorced a while ago and its just her, her mom and her two brothers. The baptism is a convert baptism because she is older than 8 years old. Her whole family came, everyone but her dad. That broke her little heart. It makes me sad to see a broken family. She felt better afterwords no worries!!

The Fr. family came to both the baptism but not to church, It kills me that they can't wake up early. Every Sunday morning for the last 8 weeks I have knocked on there door without success. Yesterday morning, I finally woke up one of them, Manuel the dad haha. He was like ya maybe we will come haha. I'm still waiting for them to make the decision to come to church on their own. They loved the baptisms and told us that they would be there soon. I just have to gain a little bit more muscle says Manuel so I can baptize him without killing him haha, he is a big guy.

I am doing very well, I'm really happy, I think its because I am seeing my work go somewhere. I really enjoy being out here, and I'm already making plans to come back haha.

One last thing, this is the better address of the mission
Misión Honduras Comayguela
A.P. 2625 y 3688
Tegucigalpa Honduras C.A.
Things should arrive faster with this address!!!
Love you all so much, I'm writing hand written letters for you all, they should get there to you around the end of February.
Elder Nathan Ahborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment