Honduras

Honduras

Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm glad you got the package!

Hey I'm so glad you got the package, were the knives in there? was there anything missing from the list? I'm worried that something might have been taken. I am so relived that you got it.

Anyways this week was alright. We are trying to help a 15 year old girl quit smoking. She had a baptism date for the 3 of December with her mom and brother but couldn't get baptized. She had been telling us that she quit, until my companion really grilled her and she told us that she has been smoking everyday. She is struggling with a lot of things like depressing, typical teenage girl stuff. Hopefully we can baptize her the 23!
We are also working with another family, The Ferrera Family. The mom and dad are married, Catholic, with two boys, Junior who is 11 and Christopher who is 5. I really want to baptize this family. Satan has a firm grip on them, and we are slowly but surly loosing that grip. We have gotten them to pray together to Heavenly Father, instead of Mary, a few times and they are reading The Book Of Mormon. They have some marital problems, but its nothing that the gospel cant fix. I don't think I will see them get baptized, but I believe that in the future they will take that important step as a family.
We are working with the brother of a recent convert. He is really smart, he is attending the University here. He also loves music. He can play the Bass and the Piano. I gave him one of your nose flutes mom and he loves it haha. He is going to try to read the Book of Mormon in a week. They are out for school here and he is sick, so he has a bit of time. He has a very open mind and I think that he really wants to know the truth. With the support of his brother I think that we can baptize him soon. We are also going to try to work with there father but he is a bit harder haha.
My Spanish is getting way better, I feel confident in my ability to teach, or at least I can teach in Spanish when I have the Spirit. Things are awesome here, I'm excited for Christmas!!!
Love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment