Hey everyone how goes the summer. theres two seasons here, summer,
and summer with a ton of rain hahaha. Life is super good right now. I
am kinda a little sad, my trainer, Elder Sian is changing areas on
Wednesday. I hope I get a good companion, cross your fingers for me.
Another sad thing happened this week, one of our investigators with
a baptism date got a job, and now she is super busy, and she works
every Sunday from 6 in the moring to 8 at night. Frustrating.
The Lord is good to us though and helped us out this week. We found
a new investigator, her name is Swani, she is like 21 or 22, with two
or three kids and I think a boy friend. She was so willing to let us
in and she listened and ask good questions, and she came to church with
us this week! She expressed to us how much she loved church and our
branch, she is going to bring her whole family next week. She really
wants to change her life, and the gospel can do that.
We had like 7 other investigators come to church, which is a
miracle. In those 7 people we had 2 complete families. We were blessed
this week.
For Elder Sians's last Sunday here in San Rafael, we sang "called to
serve" in Spanish in sacrament with two other elders. It was pretty
sweet, I bet you all can't imagine me singing in church, I can't either
hahaha. It was good though. I think I'm going to ask to give a talk in
Spanish this month, wish me luck!
Right now we are trying to complete the family of Carmen and Sayda,
my first baptisms. The dad, Santos is an interesting guy. He is huge,
and intimidating, but really a nice guy.He really doesn't like to be
around a ton of people, just a bit shy. Right now he is a guard for
some company in the city. He used to be a cop, he was a part of what
they call the special forces, which is more or less SWAT. He was some
problems with the word of wisdom, but no worries hes going to be
baptized. Its funny cause Santos reminds me of someone I know hahaha
For part of my language study time I translated my story of the
Maserati into Spanish, and right now I'm working on my patriarcal
blessings. I really enjoy doing it, and I learn a ton. The only bad
part is that it takes forever.
Alright so I have to say something about food this week. Yesterday
I tried chicken with rice, its super simple but super good. Probably
my favorite dish so far. I also tried this one dish where its a hard
flat tortilla with tomato, beans, egg and ketchup on top, pretty good.
Also I had tamales, meat wrapped and cook in corn mesh. The food here
really isn't all that bad...
Well I love you all and pray for you too. Take care!!
Elder Ahlborn
No comments:
Post a Comment