Honduras

Honduras

Monday, July 11, 2011

Hey Everyone, I hope you enjoyed your 4th of July!



Hola!

How is everyone? I'm a little sad, nobody writes me anymore, but
its cool I'm a forgiving person hahaha.

This last week was good. Elder Sian and I placed a baptismal date
with another single mother, a friend of the last single mother we
baptized. I will keep you posted on her progress, we have only taught
her two lessons.

We are also working with another family, the Vallescio family. The
Dad, Mario has been deported from the states three times, he thinks
its funny. The mom is so nice, and she always insists on feeding us
when we come over. They have three kids, a girl that is 9 a boy that
is 7 and another baby girl that has like 7 months. Cute family. We
have been invited them to church but that haven't come which is
frustrating. It's funny, because they have been inviting us to attend
the Evangelical meeting they have in their house every Saturday night.
Evangelicals scare me. They are always yelling or "speaking in
tongues" They worship with drums too. I'm not sure if me and Elder Sian
are going to go, I don't think our mission president would allow us. I
hope that the restored gospel changes this family though.

On Thursday my district had interviews with the President in our
houses. I was pretty nervous, I guess I thought I was going to get
chastised into oblivion in Spanish or something haha I don't know what I
was thinking, it was good. He talked to me about accomplishing our daily
goals. He is a good man, super young, like 38, and I tower over him
which is weird because I can't say that about anyone back at home.
Also the assistants, The president's wife, and the mission Medics,
Elder and Sister Ray (a cute little couple from vernal Utah, He is a
retired doctor) also visited to check the house. It was good to speak
English with Elder and Sister Ray, he has some crazy stories.
All and all I had a very good week, no stomach problems, there wasn't
much rain, and when it did rain, I had a better umbrella than my last.
No worries about me!
Love you all very much!
Elder Ahlborn

No comments:

Post a Comment