Hi everyone, life here in Honduras is awesome! It's just so stinking
hot. It's a joke here, they say there is two seasons, verano or summer
and Infierno or heck hahaha it really is that hot though. It also
rains a ton, like nothing that anyone born and raised in the dessert
of Utah could imagine haha. It's cool to be living somewhere different.
I'm worried when I get back I'm going to freeze to death in the winter,
pray I don't!
So this Saturday I have my first baptisms. Hopefully three if
everything works out. The first two are a mother and daughter, Carmen
and Saida. They are amazing, they have so much faith and love of the
prophet Joesph Smith. The other is a boy named Julian. He is 16 years
old, very quiet, but I like him. He is a giant here. He is like 6 feet
two inches and 250 pounds. big right. but especially big to the little
people here.
I love the people here and for the most part I think they love me.
People always feed us or want to talk to us. Especially me, because I am
so different and also they want me to talk them about the states, or
marry their daughters haha it's funny. They like asking about different
things in the states. I always get asked about football, American
football. Do they really tackle people that hard? did you play? have
you ever broken anyone's bones? just different random stuff, it's pretty
fun.
I love my branch here, this Sunday I got to bear my testimony to
all of them again which was cool because I could tell my Spanish was
better then when I got here. I can understand people so so much better
too. I think in a month or two I should be fine.
I will send pictures of my baptisms next Monday, some other pics too!
Love you all, keep writing me!
Elder Ahlborn
No comments:
Post a Comment