Honduras

Honduras

Monday, June 20, 2011

Can you say BAUTISMOS!





The Lord blessed Elder Sian and me this week. We were able to
baptize Carmen and Sayda Cabellero Saturday night. I had the
opportunity to baptize Carmen, the mother. It was so cool saying the
baptismal prayer in Spanish and being able to understand every word,
Also I didn't mess up! It was a very spiritual experience. I can't
express to you how much love I have for these people. I was thinking
about it in church and I just felt overwhelmed with love. I am
grateful to be here in Honduras.
This week went by so fast. Elder Falabella, the Area President, or
whatever the seventy that is over and area is called, visited our
mission. He spoke to us for like 5 hours about the work. I COULD
ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND!!! it was the best feeling knowing what was up.
It's funny because with the spirit I can understand Spanish very well,
but those days when I am tired and my mind is wandering I have a
really hard time. I just need to keep the spirit with me strong all
the time right!
Another highlight of this week is that I got a hammock. It is
the best thing in the world, it cost 300 Limpiras or a bout 15 dollars.
Best 15 bucks I have ever spent haha. Its nice to relax a bit after
a day of preaching the gospel.
The food here is so good, and I'm learning to cook it too. Yesterday
I cooked rice, refried beans, and fried plantains. It was so dang
good. The people cook better then me and they cook often for me and
Elder Sian. In general the people are super nice, I love it!
All is well with me. I still haven't gotten really sick thank
goodness. I love you all and worry about you, know that you are all
in my prayers!
Love Elder Ahlborn

No comments:

Post a Comment