Hola everyone! Life here is good. I was released as district leader this last Sunday. What a relief. I have a new respect for young mens leaders. I honestly felt like I was babysitting deacons, rather than leading missionaries. It's all good though. I love my district. There isn't anything really new this week. I only have four weeks left here! I will have the oppertunity to watch General Confrence of course. Bad part is I have to watch it in the gym with two thousand other missonaries. it gets hot fast. I will have five sessions of that. I'm excited though, I will be paying attention better than I ever have before in my life.
Today me and my companion, and another companionship went to the temple. We did sealings. They spilt the four of us up, my companionship went to the big sealing room while the other went to one of the small ones. When we finished, the elders in the other room said they did a bunch of "Ahlborn" names, or something that sounds like it. They were from Austria they think. I was kinda bummed I didn't get to hear them. Also after the temple I went and got a hair cut. The girl cuttin my hair is from Mapleton she went to springville high graduated 08, and she is best friends with the girl that I got in that car wreck with. I would say its a small world, I dont think being ten miles away from your house and meeting someone you know counts as a small world. Sometimes I forget that I'm still pretty much home. The view from my class room window looks out on south provo, springville and spanishfork, down to the windmills by the canyon. It's cool to look at it all at night, but no worries, it doesn't make me home sick.
The highlight of the week would probably be Aunt Raine's package. She is pretty much my favorite right now :) The spirtual highlight of my week was when I was teaching our teachers Investigator profile "Erica". Erica is from Mexico living in Texas. She Is a grandmother. She has a son in prision. She loves reading the Book of Mormon. Me and my companion have been teaching her for a while. Two weeks when we taught her it didn't go so well. at the beginning of the lesson she said she had a friend that said "Joseph Smith was a bad man, he was a thief and had more than one wife". This threw us off and our lesson didn't go so well. This week me and my companion studied and prayed about this question and answered it well. Best part was when we were explaining the spirit was totally there. I felt like I went into Spritual overdrive. Needless to say it went very well, and she will be getting baptised next week.
I'm doing well, life is good, I just cannot wait to get out in the field!!
Elder Ahlborn
No comments:
Post a Comment