Honduras

Honduras

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hey everyone!! I survived the first week!!

It's my first p-day!! I'm so glad too, I have had a ton to do. This week has been pretty tough, I wasn't home sick or anything, it's just hard to adjust here. I love it though!! The spirit is litterally everywhere. My companions name is Elder Brett Evrill. He is from South Jordan. He is 20, but he is a way cool guy. I'm glad he is my Comp. The spanish is coming along all right, I can currently bear my testimony, and say a prayer in spanish. We have also reviwed my whole first year of spanish in highschool in just one day! I understand it suprisingly well though. When I need to remeber a word it just comes to my mind. The food here is alright. Sometimes its good and sometimes its not so good. The orange juice is fine I promise! My p-day is on tuesday, so if you want me to write you back fast send letters on saturday or monday, or even before. I'm so excited to get out and teach in Honduras. I don't know if I can wait the nine weeks here.
On thursday I was made district president. It's not as cool as it sounds. I'm in charge of five elders and two hermanas (sisters in spanish). I just call on people to say the prayer, conduct, get the mail, and attended a special meeting on sunday. Also on Thursday We met our Branch presidency, which here at the MTC is equivalent to a bishopric. President Larson is the Branch president he is a fourth grade teacher, and he looks like it! Even his had writing screams teacher! his first counsler is a guy from Salmon Idaho which is awesome cause we talk about rafting, but I dont know his name sadly. His second counsler is Brother Sanchez. He is from Nevada, he has been a Mission president. They are all amazing men, espically President Larson. We met on sunday and just talked about everything. I truly know that he was called of God to be here helping the missionaries. No worries everyone, I'm in good hands.
We will be teaching on saturday in english. I'm so excited, it's like football. You practice all week, then you have a game at the end. The teaching is called TRC. A voulenteer comes in and you just teach them with what you have learned. They call it "role play", or "real play". I can't wait!!
I'm excited to learn and grow. I feel like I have grown so so much just being here for a week. I love you all, I hope to hear from any of you! It's so awesome getting letters here. They are what get you through the long days. Packages are good too :) my mail box number is 213, ask my mom for the details. I better go, they only give you a half hour on the computer. I love you all!!
Sincerely,
Elder Ahlborn

No comments:

Post a Comment