Hey Everyone how is it in the States? How was your mothers day? Everything here is just perfect, I love this place! I love the people, and more importantly I love serving the lord.
This week has been super busy, which I love, it gives me no time to think about anything else, and the days fly by. Me and Elder Sian have been working on baptism, but still nothing, this week we will get some though, dates anyways. We have three families that are close, Carmen and Esaida, Family Nuñez and family Nuñez Moncada. I will keep you all posted.
So I thought I would lose weight out here, and I think I am, but members feed us all the time. Yesterday for mothers day, everyone buys cake for their mother. I had so much cake and soda i almost threw up haha. My favorite though is when people make us "Baleadas", all it is is a small tortilla, red refried beans and possible egg, meat or sour cream. Holy cow they are good. The best part is that they are so so easy and fast to make and they are also filling. Whats even better is making the Tortillas from scratch. They taste better then store bought. The fun part is smashing the dough into tortillas. I always help the women prepare them. You get the dough and put it on a board, then with another board you smash it by putting all your weight on it. I'm good at it cause I have a good 40 or 50 pounds on everyone. O ya I think I forgot to mention, I am tall here!
One funny meal I got consisted of all this, Tomatoes, mangoes, rice and beans. For those of you that know me well enough, you would know those are the foods I hate most in the world, but I ate them all. Whats cool is that the people here eat all of that all the time so they know how to make it super good. The rice and beans are amazing. They only have red beans here, kinda weird, but they are so good. The mangoes are sweeter here, but I'm still kinda iffy about them, and for the tomatoes, well I still won't touch them hahah I gave them to elder Sian he loves them.
Enough about the food. This week me and elder Sian were walking down the street when I saw a bunch of girls doing double dutch, so naturally I had to try haha. It was fun and everybody, like everybody came out to watch the white boy jump rope. They all loved it and now I get invited every day to come and jump rope haha.
When I first got here I just stuck out. People looked at me so funny, but now I am fitting in, people know of me and what I do, its cool. And no worries mom I am perfectly safe.
Another awesome experience. Everyone always trys to speak English to me, needless to say they are not good at all haha, but I always talk back anyways. On Thursday a group of little boys stopped me because they wanted to know some English, so I said the alphabet and numbers for them, then when I was saying all their names pronounced in English, which most of them have English names like Jennie, Anderson, Alexander, etc. But the best part was, an older guy like 60 or 70 we had passed wanted to talk to us, and he would have never caught up to us if those kids didnt stop me to talk, we got his info and will be teaching this week. Pretty sweet right?
I can really feel the spirit, even though I can't understand everything I can feel it. The spirit is truly a universal language. My Spanish is getting decently better. I actually have improved a ton since I got here, even Elder Sian says so, but I think he is just being nice.
So this week me and elder Sian gave three or four blessing. I have to do the oil part, because I don't know enough to say what I want. The hardest part is the names. Hispanics have four names, which most of the time I can't even say right. I'm getting better though. I bought sticky notes today, and I'm going to stick one in my white handbook so I can write the name down haha.
I love you all, and pray for you always.
Sincerely Elder AHlborn
No comments:
Post a Comment